Bottle bombs found in man's front yard
Rowan County Sheriff's Department deputies removed five homemade drink bottle bombs from a local man's front yard after two more had exploded around 3 a.m. Feb. 19.
The seven explosive devices were left at Chris Crawford's 7135 Pop Basinger Road home, according to the report.
In other Sheriff's Department reports:
* Edward Don Smith, 32, 180 Pollianna Drive, was charged Feb. 17 with assault on a female and communicating threats. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 23.
* Tricia Lynn Wenst, 35, 170 Long Bow Road, was charged Feb. 17 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle based on a complaint by Daniel McCora, 360 Hedrick Lambe Drive. She was held under $400 secured bond pending a March 16 trial date.
* Brian Scott Wilcox, 33, 117 Wakefield Drive, was charged Feb. 17 with assault on a female and a misdemeanor probation violation. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a March 14 trial date.
* Debra C. Hudson, 1745 N.C. 153, China Grove, reported cash and prescription medication stolen from her pocketbook at her home Feb. 17.
* John Scott Wilkins, 117 Hurley School Road, reported someone broke into his car while it was parked at his home Feb. 18 and stole $2,583 worth of items. Damage to a window totaled $150.
* Brandon Keith Moody, 23, 511 Rogers St., Rockwell, was charged Feb. 18 with communicating threats, making a harassing phone call and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Angel Michelle Long, 8140 U.S. 52, Rockwell. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a March 16 trial date.
* Patricia Lakey Melton, 27, 2212 Lookout Point, Rock Hill, S.C., was charged Feb. 18 with second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Taska Dawn Menius, 1510 Cannon St., Rockwell. Melton was released on a written promise to appear in court March 16.
* Jeremy Paul Lott, 25, 660 Ranchwood Drive, was charged Feb. 18 with injury to personal property based on a complaint by Robert Garrett, 130 McCleave Road, China Grove. Trial date is March 16.
* Erick Brown, 44, 180 Cemetery Circle, Granite Quarry, was charged Feb. 18 with simple assault and communicating threats based on a complaint by Gary Hinshaw, 710 W. Monroe St. Brown was held under $500 secured bond pending a March 23 trial date.
* Kristen N. Yontz, 107 Fieldstone Drive, reported Feb. 16 that her identification had been stolen off the Internet.
* Justin Alexander Chapman, 18, 213 Liberty St., Rockwell, was charged Feb. 18 with simple assault based on a complaint by Ruby Harwood, 216 Winecoff St., Rockwell. Trial date is March 16.
* James Allen Ijames, 43, 611 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill, was charged Feb. 18 with two counts of making a threatening phone call based on a complaint by Christina Ijames, Cedar Glen Circle, Cleveland. Trial date is March 23.
* John Ray Tool of Everly, Iowa, reported a $300 utility cover stolen off the truck he was driving while it was in the Derrick Travel Plaza parking lot at 1105 Peeler Road Feb. 19. The truck is owned by Jeffclo of Spencer, Iowa.
* Melanie Ferrell Wilson, 43, 5825 Lowder Road, was charged Feb. 19 with misdemeanor larceny. She is accused of stealing Deborah Cope Campbell's purse, which contained medications and other items valued at a total of $570, from the home they share.
Controlled substances were found on her during a search, and she was also charged with felony trafficking in opium/ heroin by possession, misdemeanor possession with intent to sell and deliver a Schedule III controlled substance and two counts of possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Feb. 21 court appearance.
* Teresa Lamb Knight, 42, 1110 Chez Charolais Road, Lot 20, was charged Feb. 19 with simple assault based on a complaint by Charles Walton, 3965 Organ Church Road, Rockwell. Trial date is March 23.
* Hope Suttle Patton, 29, 102 Coley Road, was charged Feb. 19 with 10 counts of misrepresentation to obtain Employment Security Commission benefits. Trial date is March 16.
* Mary Freedle, 110 Freedle Lane, Spencer, reported medication valued at $70 stolen from her home Feb. 19.
* Barry Jason Woodward, 28, 4615 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove, was charged Feb. 20 with a domestic violence protective order violation based on a complaint by Kelly Crisco Paxton, 4009 Amsbury Road, Concord. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 2 in Cabarrus District Court.
Three charged in check forging
Three suspects from Charlotte were charged with conspiring to forge and utter a check at Eckerds, 1605 E. Innes St., Feb. 28, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Brenda Jean Boyd, 42, 345P Sundown Lane, Charlotte, and Sylvester Hall, 40, 5213 Elizabeth Road, Charlotte, were both charged with felony forgery and uttering. Valentine Herbert Smith, 38, 945 N. College St., Charlotte, was charged with felony solicitation to commit a felony and misdemeanor resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer.
Secured bond was set at $10,000 in each case pending March 1 court appearances.
In other Police Department reports:
* Angalena Scott was charged Feb. 28 with misdemeanor larceny of two DVDs frm Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
* A television was stolen Feb. 28 from a house at 110 E. Lafayette St., according to a report from Queen Realty and Construction Co.
* Gary Wayne Lail reported vandals "keyed" his vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., Feb. 28.
* Radios were removed March 1 from two vehicles at Edna's Auto sales lot at 602 S. Main St.
* A burglar tried to break into Delmar's Barbecue, 848 S. Main St., the night of Feb. 28.
* Perry Renarda Campbell, 41, 527 E. Cemetery St., was charged Feb. 28 with misdemeanor larceny and first-degree trespassing. He is accused of stealing scrap aluminum from inside a locked gate at Anvil Iron Works, 1707 S. Main St. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a March 14 trial date.
* Tyquinn Marquis Campbell, 16, was charged Feb. 25 with misdemeanor larceny at Food Lion, 123 Mahaley Ave.
* Matthew Thomas Sherrill, 16, was charged Feb. 25 with misdemeanor larceny at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
* Donna Pruett Loflin reported a Feb. 27 vandalism at 108 W. Harrison St.
* Luz Milagros Torres reported someone used his vehicle Feb. 25 without his permission.
* A vehicle owned by Southern Pine Needles was stolen Feb. 27 from 207 Faith Road.
* Steven Craig Stowe reported a Feb. 23 credit card fraud at 2116 Statesville Blvd.
* Southside Baptist Church, 500 Morlan Park Road, was the victim of a flim-flam/confidence game Feb. 8.
* Gretchen Avery Dunlap reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 701 W. Monroe St. Feb. 27.
* John Richard Jackson reported a Feb. 27 vandalism at 906 S. Main St.
* Someone fired a gun at City of Salisbury property at 413 Ashbrook Road on Feb. 27.
* A larceny was reported Feb. 27 at Anvil Iron Works, 1707 S. Main St.
* Calvin Clay Kearney, 16, 323 Lloyd St., was charged Feb. 27 with resisting a public officer. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an April 18 trial date.
* Jeffery Wayne Galloway Jr., 21, 140 Mahaley Ave., Apartment A, was charged Feb. 27 with assault on a female and communicating threats based on a complaint by Lydia Galloway, 2655B Potneck Road, Woodleaf. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 30.
* Isaac Jerome Streater, 24, 135 Dunnsview Drive, was charged Feb. 27 with misdemeanor larceny.
* Larry James Hairston, 20, was charged March 1 with carrying concealed weapons at 699 Old Concord Road.
* A motor vehicle has been reported missing from Cloninger Ford, 511 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., since Oct. 7.
* Lisa Ann Tahnate, 27, 2740 Hollywood Drive, Apartment 15F, was charged March 1 with felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drugs. She was held under $300 secured bond pending a March 2 court appearance.
* Sable La'trera Femster reported a March 1 larceny on a city transit bus at 215 Depot St.
* Mary Lea Arceo reported a credit card fraud involving $3,300.48 March 1 at 903 N. Main St.
* Selina Coley reported someone has been using her Social Security number since 2001.
* Tyrone Antonio Gibson, 28, was charged March 1 with second-degree trespassing at 117 Bee Tree Lane.
* Tyrone Kareem Smith, 29, 428 W. Thomas St., was charged March 1 with second-degree trespassing. Trial date is April 19.
* Janelle Nicole Smith, 29, 2024 Summit Ridge, Kannapolis, was charged March 2 with felony financial card fraud based on a complaint by Mary Lea Arceo, 903 N. Main St. The amount used was $3,300.48. Smith was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a March 6 court appearance.
* Victoria Shadae Harris, 19, was charged March 1 with misdemeanor larceny at Regal Nails in Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
* Colby Thomas McCanna and Wilbur Eugene Pender, both Catawba College students, reported March 2 burglaries at their dormitory rooms. Pender reported personal items valued at $1,722.46 were stolen.
* Christopher Michael McFaul, 23, 335 Woodbury Drive, was charged March 2 with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at 635 Statesville Blvd. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a May 8 trial date.
* Cal Smith reported vandals caused $300 damage to a window and door at a vacant house at 2520 Old Wilkesboro Road on March 2.
* A burglar broke into La Bamba, 200 Klumac Road, March 2, stole beer and ransacked the business.
* Marsha Hyll, 501 W. Monroe St., reported a gas grill stolen March 2 from behind her home.
* Miguel Tajardo reported a March 2 armed robbery at his 425 Lincolnton Road store.